Monday 1 October 2012

Blue Breakfast Shakey

This is part 1 of my 'menu planner' that my bestie Vonnie asked me for. This shakey is great any time of day but I usually have one for breakkie. They are awesome because you can put anything in them, even bacon if you really want to.

I call them shakey's because smoothie sounds like a type of pooh, or a misogynist or something.

Shakies are vegan or veggo unless you put in the bacon. I don't use milk or soy as they are packed with carbs, which is what I am avoiding at the mo. So almond milk, cream, any nut milk, coconut milk. I sometimes like to add a raw egg. It makes me feel like Rocky Balboa.

I also usually use protein powder. My friend Jack, who has lots of muscles, gave me a huge jar of the stuff because he didn't like the flavour. Pfft, it doesn't have any flavour Jack. You can get pea or soy protein or whey and a bunch of other ones but don't get flavoured ones or ones with loads of additives. I like the pea because it is absolutely flavourless and has nothing else added. It does add a slight graininess to the shakey but you will get over it.

I have had a rubbish immune system for years and I reckon protein is good for it. Also awesome for vegans and veggo's who aren't getting enough proteins in their diet and it makes your brain bigger. A jar costs around $50 which is heaps, but I have been using my jar from Jack for about a year and I am not yet half way through!

I love drinking a meal. So cool, and oh so convenient if I am driving or riding a mechanical bull. My kid also loves a shakey, but she likes soy milk so I just top hers up with a bit and mix it in.

This is a totally imprecise form of cooking. I love it!
Ingredients. These are what I have in the freezer, fridge and cupboard. No endorsements. As you can see I try and get everything organic. Not all organics are the same, some of these brands are low grade, some are high.


I just invented...

Blue Breakfast Shakey


Ingredients - all approximate, go with the flow....

Small handful frozen blueberries (or any berries or fruit, berries are low carb and super nutritious)
1/2 cup soaked cashews (I soak 2 cups before bed and use them in different things)
1 tablespoon protein powder
4 tablespoons coconut cream or milk (or cream)
1 or 2 teaspoons of natural fake sugar (stevia or natvia or whatever)
1 teaspoon maple syrup (optional)
pinch of salt (optional)
1 cup almond milk 


Method

Bung everything in a whizzer. Any kind of whizzer thingy will do. I use a cafe express that my friend Nat loaned me. If it is too thick add more almond milk. If you like it sweeter add more sweet stuff.



 YUM YUM PIGS BUM!





No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart comments. Especially if you have either tried my inventions or have invented things yourself!